Wenatchee Area Genealogical Society
 Filter List by County / Region:

Select Cemetery:
Search for Surname:  Perform Search -- Input all or part of Surname, if left blank - all records will be returned.
Return to Cemeteries

 

Burke Cemetery aka Burke Catholic Cemetery
(Grant)
Burke, once NE of George, WA
THE SURNAME SEARCH AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE IS UNAVAILABLE.  TO VIEW CEMETERY RECORDS CLICK ON THE BLUE CEMETERY LINK BELOW.
 
T18N, R23 E, SEC 1
Contributed by Fred Pflugrath  fpflug@nwi.net
Last update: 3 Feb 2010.
 
The cemetery was located on the grounds of the Catholic Church at the old town of Burke across the freeway northeast of George.  It was in Township 18N, Range 23 E,  in the SE corner of section 1, ( Intersection of Rd L and Rd 5 NW).   The cemetery has since been vacated and the bodies removed. Some graves were moved to Quincy Cemetery and are noted under "Notes" in the cemetery records. Fred Pflugrth is not sure where others were moved. He compiled a list of burials from obits, from The "Pioneer's Memory Book" by Anna M Fleckenstein Berner, 1952, and the Grant County Genealogical Society Bulletin.   Any additions, misspellings, etc - please let Fred Pflugrath know. fpflug@nwi.net
 
The 1909 map of Grant and Douglas shows the old town of Burke, shown on this map as about ten miles south and west of Quincy, WA.
 
 
1909 Map of Grant and Douglas Counties from USGW Archives